Signs That it is Time for an Office Relocation
Needing more office space is usually a good sign, it means that the business is growing and in order to maintain that same high level of service your customers have come to expect, you need to accommodate more resources. Here are a few tell-tale signs that the time has come to look for more office space.
- Lack of physical space – Adding equipment such as a photocopier and a few printers will certainly reduce the floor space and if you are literally bumping into employees, find a suitable venue and contact office removals in Melbourne ad set a date for the move. Business expansion often involves acquiring new equipment and that takes up valuable space, which you might not have.
- Late deliveries – When an organisation stretches its resources due to a high volume of orders, it is often the customer that suffers in the form of late deliveries. If your logistics department is at the limit of their capacity, this will become apparent and perhaps it is time to look for a larger office. Processing high volumes of orders can also take its toll on your office staff, who might reach their limit.
- Geographical location – Perhaps you started out in a quiet suburb and after rapid development, you find it would be more convenient to have an office in the CBD, where the action is. It might be that you would save a lot if you relocated to another area, especially important when you manage a fleet of delivery trucks.
- The need for additional office staff – If business is that good and you are hiring accountants and stock controllers, they will need to space to work and if space is limited, there will be issues that impact the business in more ways than one.
- Lease renewal – If your lease is soon to expire, rather than automatically renewing the option you have, it might be better to be more centrally located. A lot can happen in a couple of years and what was once a perfect working environment has become crowded, with staff travelling long distances to get to the office.
While there is a price to pay for relocating your office, it is often the best way forward, particularly when business is good and the order books are full. Take your time looking for a better venue and enlist the help of local commercial real estate agents, who have many premises on their books.