5 Ways That you Can Improve the Quality of Life in your Home
At the end of the day, it is all about the quality of life and, of course, we are all unique in many respects and our living environment should be more than just comfortable; outside of work, we spend more time at home than anywhere else.
Here are a few ways that you can boost the quality of life in the home.
- Noise Reduction – Inserting rockwool sound insulation (known as ฉนวนกันเสียง rockwool in Thai) behind the walls will really make a difference and if you haven’t already got double glazing, the investment is worth it for the quietness you will enjoy. If you live near a major highway or an airport, you quickly become accustomed to the background noise and it is only when this noise is cancelled out that you can enjoy some real peace and quiet.
- HVAC – If you invest in a state-of-the-art Heating, Ventilation & Air-Conditioning system, your interior will always be at your preferred temperature, regardless of the time of year. If you are living in Thailand, the heating side is not really necessary, but you do need a/c that isn’t going to cost a fortune to run. Climate control is essential if you want to be comfortable and you might want to consider solar panels for clean & renewable energy.
- Build a Terrace – Using either timber decking or natural stone, you can create the perfect outdoor relaxation area and include an outdoor kitchen, which is great for entertaining. Rattan furniture is ideal for outdoor use and let’s not forget permanent shading, which can come in the form of a retractable made-to-measure roof.
- Air Quality – Have you checked the quality of the air that you and your family breathe at home? If the atmosphere is too humid, this can cause health issues, as when the air is too dry, whether a humidifier or dehumidifier, make sure that the air quality is above average.
- Create a Home Gym – This is becoming a popular way to stay in shape and once you make the initial investment, your home gym is free to use and that means no more gym membership. This can benefit the entire family and you will always be in shape, even in the winter when the weather is freezing.
Most people like to invest their time and money on home improvements and no matter how tough life is out there, you always have your beautiful home to come back to.